Evanton Wartime Remains Programme of Events
Events are subject to change, and will be added as new ones are arranged. Contact the ARCh office on 01349 868230 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
All indoor events take place at the Cornerstone Cafe, Evanton.
- Wed. 20th Feb, 7:30pm Lecture by Allan Kilpatrick on Wartime Remains in Easter Ross.
- Weds. 27 Feb - 13 March, 7-9:30: Sharing Memories.
An opportunity to meet and share memories about the wartime remains in the Village. All welcome whether you remember the wartime years or just want to learn more.
- Weds 20 Mar - 10 Apr, 7-9:30pm: Exploring Archives, Maps and Aerial Photographs
We are lucky that plans and aerial photographs from the 1940s survive. We'll use heritage databases and a range of other sources to find out what is known about the remains in the area.
- Weds. 17th & 24th Apr, 7-9:30: Memories and Research
- Weds. 1st-29th May: Pulling it Together
Combining memories, research and outdoor survey to create a local display about the wartime remains.
- Satirday 1st June 10-2. Display Day!
The launch of the display and a chance to capture more memories.
- Weds, 5th June - 3rd July, 7-9:30: Creating a Leaflet
A chance to all work together to create a leaflet about the local remains
There will also be a number of walks and recording sessions. Contact the ARCH office to ensure that they are going ahead and for times:
- Sat. 2nd Mar: Outdoor Walk 1
- Sunday. 24th Mar: Photography and GPS recording
- Sat. 6th Apr: Family Walk. Matching the archive matierals to results on the ground
- Sat & Sun 13th & 14th Apr: Outdoor Survey
- Sat & Sun 20th & 21st Apr: Outdoor Survey
- Weekends in May as needed/ or if there is more interest.