Highland Archaeology Festival brochure is now out!
05 September 2016
The Highland Archaeology Festival brochure is now out, featuring over 80 events, a Museum artefact trail, exhibitions, a special workshop afternoon, the annual conference and much more. This year there is a HAF website which has events listings and downloadable brochures and documents - and a way to pay for the conference online.
ARCH will be offering 8 events this festival - see the brochure or the ARCH events calendar for details:
- 1st Oct: A stall about querns at the Strathnairn Agricultural Vintage Rally & Display
- 4th Oct: Kiltearn Walk exploring Kiltearn old kirk and remains along the shore
- 8th Oct: Invergordon in World War II. Launch of the exhibition created by participants on the project exploring Invergordon WWII, followed by a walk looking at wartime remains.
- 9th Oct: An Archaeological Pub Quiz in Dingwall. Bring a team or get joined to one there.
- 10th Oct: Strathpeffer Station Walk. Explore part of the branch line to Strathpeffer, and the archive created by participants on the recent course run by ARCH for Highland Museum of Childhood.
- 11th Oct: Archives for Archaeological Research workshop held at Highland Archive Centre in Inverness.
- 14th Oct: At the special workshop afternoon, Susan Kruse of ARCH will run a workshop about the Historic Environment Record and Roland Spencer-Jones for ARCH and NoSAS will run one on using GPS for recording sites.
- 15th/16th Oct: ARCH will have a display at the conference. On the Sunday, Susan will close the conference with a tlak about Invergordon during the wars: recording wartime remains.
ARCH has been organising the festival on behalf of Highland Council - and we welcome any comments and feedback!
- 16/01/2017 ARCH Newsletter now available
- 10/01/2017 Winter courses starting in January
- 17/10/2016 Autumn courses
- 05/09/2016 Highland Archaeology Festival brochure is now out!
- 12/07/2016 New course investigating WWII Remains in Invergordon
- 31/05/2016 ARCH and Highland Archaeology Festival
- 18/03/2016 New documents in the Library
- 20/01/2016 Latest ARCH newsletter is out
- 05/01/2016 ARCH Annual Report
- 20/12/2015 Christmas Greetings