Highland Archaeology Festival brochure is now out!
05 September 2016
The Highland Archaeology Festival brochure is now out, featuring over 80 events, a Museum artefact trail, exhibitions, a special workshop afternoon, the annual conference and much more. This year there is a HAF website which has events listings and downloadable brochures and documents - and a way to pay for the conference online.
ARCH will be offering 8 events this festival - see the brochure or the ARCH events calendar for details:
- 1st Oct: A stall about querns at the Strathnairn Agricultural Vintage Rally & Display
- 4th Oct: Kiltearn Walk exploring Kiltearn old kirk and remains along the shore
- 8th Oct: Invergordon in World War II. Launch of the exhibition created by participants on the project exploring Invergordon WWII, followed by a walk looking at wartime remains.
- 9th Oct: An Archaeological Pub Quiz in Dingwall. Bring a team or get joined to one there.
- 10th Oct: Strathpeffer Station Walk. Explore part of the branch line to Strathpeffer, and the archive created by participants on the recent course run by ARCH for Highland Museum of Childhood.
- 11th Oct: Archives for Archaeological Research workshop held at Highland Archive Centre in Inverness.
- 14th Oct: At the special workshop afternoon, Susan Kruse of ARCH will run a workshop about the Historic Environment Record and Roland Spencer-Jones for ARCH and NoSAS will run one on using GPS for recording sites.
- 15th/16th Oct: ARCH will have a display at the conference. On the Sunday, Susan will close the conference with a tlak about Invergordon during the wars: recording wartime remains.
ARCH has been organising the festival on behalf of Highland Council - and we welcome any comments and feedback!
- 19/02/2018 Lead Seal and Rope Making blog now on the website
- 14/02/2018 What's happening with Community Archaeology in Scotland?
- 01/02/2018 Flint Knapping Blogs on the website
- 21/11/2017 Check out Experimental Archaeology Blogs!
- 05/11/2017 Nov. & Dec. experimental archaeology workshops timetabled
- 16/10/2017 Two new ARCH courses kick off!
- 03/10/2017 Highland Archaeology Festival!
- 01/10/2017 Archaeology Pub Quiz
- 22/09/2017 Project Coordinator needed for Experimental Archaeology Project
- 20/08/2017 HAF 2017 programme is out!