17 October 2016
Two new courses will start in November.
Telford in Badenoch and Strathspey
Join us at Grantown Museum, 1-3:30pm to research the remains and impact of the early 19th century engineer Thomas Telford in the area. Sessions in the autumn will feature:
10th Nov: Setting the scene
17th Nov: Researching Local History I: Old maps
24th Nov: Researching Local History II: Heritage Databases
1st Dec: Courses on paper and the internet, including the Old and New Statisical Accounts
Sessions in the New Year will include archive work, fieldtrips and much more. All sessions free. No experience necessary, just an interest!
Exploring Telford’s Archives
Tuesdays, 15th November for 4 weeks, 1-4:30pm at Highland Archive Centre in Inverness. Learn how to use the Highland Archives, and explore documents relating to the work of Thomas Telford and his times in the Highlands. Free – all welcome. For those who have never used the archives before, or for people who want to gain more experience and familiarity with them.
Both of these courses are funded by Historic Environment Scotland. To book email email@example.com or use the booking form on the events page on the website.
- 14/08/2018 Highland Archaeology Festival 2018
- 05/06/2018 Check out our Experimental Archaeology Blogs
- 24/05/2018 Highland Archaeology Symposium - book now!
- 31/03/2018 Jobs available: Experimental Archaeology project
- 16/03/2018 Highland Archaeology Symposium 2nd & 3rd June
- 12/03/2018 ARCH is recruiting for Project Officer post for Regional ScARF project
- 19/02/2018 Lead Seal and Rope Making blog now on the website
- 14/02/2018 What's happening with Community Archaeology in Scotland?
- 01/02/2018 Flint Knapping Blogs on the website
- 21/11/2017 Check out Experimental Archaeology Blogs!