HAF Photographic Competition
09 July 2017
New this year is a HAF photographic competition – a chance to submit up to two photos which celebrate Highland archaeology, history and heritage, from earliest settlers to modern times. It could be a picture of site, a building, an object or people enjoying Highland heritage.
There are good prizes on offer for adults or children:
- DigIt!2017 has supplied chocoloate brochs for the the first 50 children’s entries and T-shirts and broch lego kits for the 7 shortlisted entries.
- For adults, the National Trust for Scotland and Historic Environment Scotland have each donated a year's membership, and Highland Council offers free entry to the HAF conference in October.
Shortlisted entries will be displayed during Highland Archaeology Festival, with the winners announced at the conference on 14th October.
Deadline is 15th August, so think about snapping a picture over the summer. Details and forms are on the HAF website or contact ARCH on 077888 35466.
- 31/03/2018 Jobs available: Experimental Archaeology project
- 16/03/2018 Highland Archaeology Symposium 2nd & 3rd June
- 12/03/2018 ARCH is recruiting for Project Officer post for Regional ScARF project
- 19/02/2018 Lead Seal and Rope Making blog now on the website
- 14/02/2018 What's happening with Community Archaeology in Scotland?
- 01/02/2018 Flint Knapping Blogs on the website
- 21/11/2017 Check out Experimental Archaeology Blogs!
- 05/11/2017 Nov. & Dec. experimental archaeology workshops timetabled
- 16/10/2017 Two new ARCH courses kick off!
- 03/10/2017 Highland Archaeology Festival!