ARCH is recruiting for Project Officer post for Regional ScARF project
12 March 2018
ARCH is recruiting for a Project Officer to help on the Highland Regional ScARF project. This three year project, coordinated by ARCH and with funding from Historic Environment Scotland and support from Highland Council, will produce a regional ScARF for the Highlands (as defined by the Highland Council boundaries). It will invite contributions from the wider sector, including academics, museums, community groups, educational groups, commercial units and individuals. After an initial symposium, individual panels reflecting the national ones will then be set up, with possible cross-cutting additional ones if necessary.
The initial phase of the project will undertake a review of the current state of archaeological knowledge in the region, using the local Historic Environment Record (HER), CANMORE, a review of grey literature and other data.
ARCH is therefore looking to recruit a Project Officer to undertake this research, who will identify gaps in data, inconsistencies and issues in HER/CANMORE records (and contribute updates to both where needed) and help to provide good data for the panels.
The post is full time for one year, then half time for the second. Details are in the Library, in the ARCH jobs folder. Closing deadline is 29th March.
- 16/01/2019 The Return of Find & Site of the Month
- 03/01/2019 Dates for the Diary!
- 27/11/2018 Experimental Archaeology - check out the videos
- 19/10/2018 Highland Regional ScARF - Can you Help?
- 14/08/2018 Highland Archaeology Festival 2018
- 05/06/2018 Check out our Experimental Archaeology Blogs
- 24/05/2018 Highland Archaeology Symposium - book now!
- 31/03/2018 Jobs available: Experimental Archaeology project
- 16/03/2018 Highland Archaeology Symposium 2nd & 3rd June
- 12/03/2018 ARCH is recruiting for Project Officer post for Regional ScARF project