ARCH is recruiting for Project Officer post for Regional ScARF project
12 March 2018
ARCH is recruiting for a Project Officer to help on the Highland Regional ScARF project. This three year project, coordinated by ARCH and with funding from Historic Environment Scotland and support from Highland Council, will produce a regional ScARF for the Highlands (as defined by the Highland Council boundaries). It will invite contributions from the wider sector, including academics, museums, community groups, educational groups, commercial units and individuals. After an initial symposium, individual panels reflecting the national ones will then be set up, with possible cross-cutting additional ones if necessary.
The initial phase of the project will undertake a review of the current state of archaeological knowledge in the region, using the local Historic Environment Record (HER), CANMORE, a review of grey literature and other data.
ARCH is therefore looking to recruit a Project Officer to undertake this research, who will identify gaps in data, inconsistencies and issues in HER/CANMORE records (and contribute updates to both where needed) and help to provide good data for the panels.
The post is full time for one year, then half time for the second. Details are in the Library, in the ARCH jobs folder. Closing deadline is 29th March.
- 24/05/2018 Highland Archaeology Symposium - book now!
- 31/03/2018 Jobs available: Experimental Archaeology project
- 16/03/2018 Highland Archaeology Symposium 2nd & 3rd June
- 12/03/2018 ARCH is recruiting for Project Officer post for Regional ScARF project
- 19/02/2018 Lead Seal and Rope Making blog now on the website
- 14/02/2018 What's happening with Community Archaeology in Scotland?
- 01/02/2018 Flint Knapping Blogs on the website
- 21/11/2017 Check out Experimental Archaeology Blogs!
- 05/11/2017 Nov. & Dec. experimental archaeology workshops timetabled
- 16/10/2017 Two new ARCH courses kick off!