Meeting to discuss heritage along proposed SSEN pylon routes
17 March 2023
Contribute your local knowledge about heritage along the proposed routes of the new SSEN pylons!
ARCH has set up a meeting with SSEN on Tuesday 21st March, 7-9pm, National Hotel, Dingwall to inform them about heritage along the proposed routes and to recommend areas to avoid.
While known heritage is recorded on the Highland Historic Environment Record (her.highland.gov.uk), there is much missing. Often local people known better than others what's on their doorstep. Or you may have been involved in local projects investigating heritage. SSEN needs to know about these when they make their decisions.
This meeting will only look at heritage along the routes from Beauly to Spittal (and not the other issues involved in the decision making). If you can't make the meeting, but have information about heritage you would like to contribute, you can email susan at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll try to include it. And be sure to provide feedback as well as part of the the consultation https://www.ssen-transmission.co.uk/.../spittal--loch.../(closes on 31st March) - which closes on 31st March.
If you intend to come to the meeting on Tuesday, please email email@example.com so we have an idea of numbers
- 02/11/2023 Highland Heritage Course now starting 8th Nov
- 23/10/2023 New ARCH Course: Highland Heritage - from Flint Scatters to Farmsteads
- 28/09/2023 HAF 2023: over 100 events and exhibitions to explore
- 20/09/2023 Join us at the Highland Family Heritage Day - a day of fun for the whole family
- 09/04/2023 Spring 2023 newsletter now available
- 17/03/2023 Meeting to discuss heritage along proposed SSEN pylon routes
- 09/03/2023 Highland Heritage Day 2023
- 18/01/2023 Highland Heritage Day, 4 March 2023, Dingwall
- 30/11/2022 ARCH is looking for a Development Officer
- 18/10/2022 After HAF...